There are currently no upcoming workshops scheduled.
Check back to see upcoming dates for our POP virtual workshop in 2022.
**Please note: Drop-in workshops do not require registration. It’s an open service on the days scheduled.**
Basic Computer Workshop
Overview: This workshop is an Introduction to Computer Basics:
- Using a mouse
- Opening and closing programs
- Using Toolbars
- Creating and saving documents
- Printing & Organizing files to a Flash drive
Computer Training for Job Searching Workshop
Overview – Learn how to:
- Find Job Ads online
- Search Job Sites for your specific job search
- Create an email address specific for job searching
- Attach your resume to an email and send online
This session looks at the preparation required before an interview and gives an insight into what happens in different types of interviews including panel, telephone and assessment center situations.
The session will cover:
- Types of interviews recruiters and employers use
- Interview preparation
- Introductory, Behavioral and Scenario-based questions
- Positive post-interview reflection
A valuable opportunity to practice interview questions and learn how to use Social Media to find valuable connections to help market your skills.
This session will cover:
- What employers look for in a successful interview
- Quick review of the different interview questions and how to answer them
- Time to prepare answers to sample questions
- Practice interview questions in groups
- Debrief of the practice interviews
Cover Letter Workshop
This workshop is designed to give you the skills to target your applications to specific employers, demonstrate your competencies, and make a great first impression.
Job Search & Cover Letter Workshop
This workshop is designed to assist you with developing your cover letter to compliment your resume and respond to a specific job ads.
This session will outline the essential information you need to develop a great resume in a competitive job environment.
Find out what employers say about effective resume length, headings, format and referees.
- Learn how to outline your knowledge, skills and experience activities for maximum impact and focus your content to match job requirements.
- When you have attended this workshop and revised your resume, attend a Resume Lab workshop to receive feedback on your document.
Resume Lab Workshop
Review your current resume in a group setting and get tips and advice on layout, content, headings and formatting.
Key things to know about this workshop:
- You will learn how to avoid the common mistakes and improve your current resume so that you have a better chance of gaining an invitation to a job interview.
- Please be prepared to work with an electronic copy of your resume.
- Gain ideas from other students and take advantage of group
Power Of Possible (POP) Workshop
This is a 10 day job readiness workshop that is offered to registered job seekers. It operates from 9am-12pm and is currently being piloted virtually, over Zoom.
What you will learn:
- Pre-employment skills such as the different types of resumes and how to write one, goal setting and how to write goals, money management & budgeting
- Interview preparation – how to answer tough questions, how to open and close an interview
- Mental tools and principles of self-sufficiency
- The basics of cover letters
- *Certificates awarded to clients who complete this workshop*