Thank you to everyone who helped make our 2021 Christmas Basket program such a success!
The Christmas Baskets program relies on the generosity of our community to keep us running. For over 65 years, Christmas Baskets has maintained its goal to ensure no child goes without a toy at Christmas and no family without Christmas dinner. Even in the midst of the pandemic, we did everything we could to meet our goals.
Each year, in our local community, there are parents who find it difficult to provide a Christmas celebration for their children. There are individuals who feel desperate and alone during a time when others are surrounded by loved ones. We believe that every person should feel special and cared for during this wonderful time of year.
In 2021, we supported over 2,600 individuals with a modified Christmas Basket of gift cards to purchase dinner and toys. This pandemic change ended up being a great modification that will be the permanent program. We believe that the opportunity for a parent or guardian to personally select a gift for their child fosters autonomy, empowerment, and dignity while helping to make the holidays extra meaningful for the families we serve.
We will be raising funds to purchase grocery and toy gift cards for families registered for our program. We will also be accepting gift card donations. Walmart and PC gift cards in the denominations of $10, $25 and $50 are best suited for our program, however, we welcome all donations.
All funds raised in our community stay in our community.
How Can I Help?
- Make a monetary and or gift card donation
- We are in need of volunteers at this time. Please read about how to become a volunteer or reach out if you have questions.
- Host a food drive – take a look at our most needed list
- Start an Angel Tree program at your work place
- Host a fundraising event
- For groups, business, churches, organizations etc. that are collecting monetary/gift card donations as a group, please print off our Group donation form to fill out and bring in with your donations so we have all the information we need to send receipts out to the donors.
For More Information
For food drives and barrel drop off’s / pick-ups please contact Ashley at 519-751-4357 x 238
For general information regarding the Christmas Basket program and donations please email email@example.com.
IMPORTANT TAX INFORMATION
Please note: if you are making a donation for/in December, below are the rules we have to follow from the Government of Canada in order to be able to provide you a tax receipt for the 2021 year.
- If you are mailing a donation the envelope containing the donation has to be postmarked by Canada Post on or before December 31, 2021 for us to issue a receipt for the 2021 year.
- If you are dropping off a cheque in person, the cheque needs to be physically in our office before January 1st, 2022 year in order to receive a tax receipt for 2021. (We are open this year until January 31st at 3:00pm)
Please see the Government of Canada’s questions and answers about gifting and receipting. These are not our rules, they are the rules put in place by the Government of Canada that we have to follow. Any donations received after these timelines will be issued a tax receipt for the 2022 year.
Community Resource Service is a community-based organization dedicated to meeting the essential needs of economically stressed individuals for food and employment.