The Christmas Baskets program relies on the generosity of our community to keep us running. For over 65 years, Christmas Baskets has maintained its goal to ensure no child goes without a toy at Christmas and no family without Christmas dinner. Even in the midst of this year’s pandemic, we want to be sure this happens. We can always use your help. If you wish to donate towards the Christmas Baskets Program, please check down below for the most needed items and how you can help.
Thank you to everyone who helped make our 2021 Christmas Basket program such a success!
Each year, in our local community, there are parents who find it difficult to provide a Christmas celebration for their children. There are individuals who feel desperate and alone during a time when others are surrounded by loved ones. We believe that every person should feel special and cared-for during this wonderful time of year.
Last year we were able to provide toys to almost 2,000 children who may have otherwise gone without on Christmas morning. In total, over 1,700 families received a Christmas Basket last year. Financial support is always crucial during the holidays so that we can continue to provide, not only toys and food, but hope and smiles to our neighbours through the Christmas Baskets program.
All funds raised in our community stay in our community.
How Can I Help?
- We are in need of volunteers at this time. Please contact Shelley at 519-751-4357 x 250 or you can send fill out a volunteer application.
- Host a food drive
- Start an Angel Tree program at your work place
- Host a fundraising event
- Make a monetary and or gift card donation
- For groups, business, churches, organizations etc. that are collecting monetary/gift card donations as a group, please print off our Group donation form to fill out and bring in with your donations so we have all the information we need to send receipts out to the donors.
Items Needed Most during the Holiday season
- Canned fruit
- Canned vegetables
- Cranberry sauce
- Boxed stuffing mix
- Bottled or canned Juice
- Gift cards
- Monetary donations
For More Information
For food drives and barrel drop off’s / pick-ups please contact Ashley at 519-751-4357 x 238
For information about monetary donations or general Christmas Basket information please contact Patti at 519-751-4357 x 231
Please note: if you are making a donation for/in December, below are the rules we have to follow from the Government of Canada in order to be able to provide you a tax receipt for the 2021 year.
- If you are mailing a donation the envelope containing the donation has to be postmarked by Canada Post on or before December 31, 2021 for us to issue a receipt for the 2021 year.
- If you are dropping off a cheque in person, the cheque needs to be physically in our office before January 1st, 2022 year in order to receive a tax receipt for 2021. (We are open this year until January 31st at 3:00pm)
Please see the Government of Canada’s questions and answers about gifting and receipting. These are not our rules, they are the rules put in place by the Government of Canada that we have to follow. Any donations received after these timelines will be issued a tax receipt for the 2022 year.
Community Resource Service is a community-based organization dedicated to meeting the essential needs of economically stressed individuals for food and employment.